Kinasa Database

Dan Jacobson danj at
Tue Feb 9 09:17:48 EST 1993

In article <1993Feb9.071308.2224 at> mcbjjbj at (Jose Julian Blanc Juarez (Mr)) writes:
>Is there a protein kinase database attached to, or separate from the main
>database? If so, who should we contact? Is there an Email address?

There is a sepereate database of the catalytic domains of protein
kinases maintained by Anne Marie Quinn at the Salk Institute.  The
database is sequence only and comes ready for searching in Fasta
format.  The reference for each sequence is given in a seperate

To obtain this database - if you have gopher then gopher on in to and go to the following directories:

 -->  2.  FTP Sites For Biology/

    -->  24. NCBI Repository FTP Archive /

       -->  27. pkinases/

Or you can obtain it by anonymous ftp from
in the repository/pkinases directory.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at