secondary accession numbers

rhubner at molbiol.ox.ac.uk rhubner at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 1 17:41:08 EST 1993

Hi there group,
 just to tell to those who aren't aware: sequence entries (e.g. my recent
enquiry about a nucleotide sequence for human pancreatic elastase J03516)
may represent *secondary* accession numbers and can not be searched for by
FETCH (and especially STRINGSEARCH; only ref fields) in GCG. This was the
reason why I could not locate the correct entry for this sequence[however,this
case is peculiar as there seems to be several entries for J03516 as secondary
number]. The SRS software can do the job properly...
 Special thanks to Kate Rice (EMBL - Heidelberg) to have pointed out these
details to me!!!
Roland