EMBL vs. PIR entries/errors? --continued

rhubner at molbiol.ox.ac.uk rhubner at molbiol.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 18 16:11:42 EST 1993

Hi again,
 Thanks for the message. Initially PIR had been searched ONLY for EC number
and we therefore missed "unfortunately" lipase 1...
 Interestingly, I could NOW also find lip2 of Moraxella in EMBL release 35
with a stringsearch for "lip" or "lipase"!!!
***
ID   MSLIP2     standard; DNA; PRO; 2134 BP.
XX
AC   X53868;
XX
DT   27-APR-1993 (Rel. 35, Created)
DT   27-APR-1993 (Rel. 35, Last updated, Version 2)
XX
DE   Moraxella sp. lip2 gene for lipase 2
***
 I think I erred in the elastase (pancreatic) accession number I reported...
should be J03516 according to publication... NOT found with stringsearch under
elastase and also not with the number [J03517 will give an entry]...

Roland