Sean Eddy sre at
Tue Sep 14 13:33:53 EST 1993

In article <CDCJ2u.406 at> sss at (S S Sturrock) writes:
  >OK, who wants to claim responsibility for this found in embl35?
  >Note the rather interesting composition :-)
  >ID  >A01448  >  standard; DNA; PRO; 397 BP.
  >DE  >E.coli tyrB aminotransferase protein sequence

That's definitely the best one, but not all. Much less dramatic examples:

A01881 - a patent DNA sequence containing an "l" - probably
	 the key to the patent :)
A04243 - a patent peptide sequence "aagrripgx" which might
         slip through some automated protein vs. nucleic acid
	 sequence checkers - looks like DNA except for the p and i

Sure did discover how tolerant my software was to unrecognized
symbols when we installed EMBL 35 :)

- Sean Eddy
- Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC, Cambridge UK
- sre at