BCM Sequence Annotation Web Server

Brian Foley brianf at med.uvm.edu
Wed Aug 31 09:25:29 EST 1994

Randall Smith (rsmith at dot.bcm.tmc.edu) wrote:

:    Announcing a new WWW Server: The BCM Sequence Annotation Server

: Developed by Kanwal Gill, Brent Wiese, and Randall Smith
: Human Genome Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston TX  USA

: We have created a "Sequence Annotation" WWW Server that allows
: researchers to add their own annotations to Entrez (NCBI) DNA and
: protein sequence reports.  Our Annotation Server is intended as a
: ... deletion to save bandwidth...

	This server appears to require a "forms-based" WWW CLient.
A "forms-based" client has been available for UNIX systems for
a while.  A forms-based client for the Mac was recently released
as well.  It can be obtained from Info-Mac at Sumex-Aim via FTP
it is called Mac-Web and the version there last night was
1.00a.  It works great on my LCIII with only 4Mb or RAM.  The
annotation server above seemed to be down, but I tried it out
on the Genome Database and it worked fine.