Different sequence is same entry

Philippe M. mphilipe at rc1.vub.ac.be
Wed May 18 08:30:23 EST 1994

I have encountered a problem when comparing the coding sequence of the meca gene of B. subtilis (em_ba:bsmeca l06059) with the meca gene of S. aureus (em_ba:samecapb x52593). I used the software fasta. It provided two alignment results, one with the first part of the sameca sequence and one with the end of the sameca sequence. Can the problem be caused by the presence of the old as well as the revesed sequences of the sameca gene under the same id number? J.Thonnard