A Protein Database

Laurent Duret duret at evoserv.univ-lyon1.fr.univ-lyon1.fr
Wed Apr 5 01:31:57 EST 1995

In article 3ds at mserv1.dl.ac.uk, roxanne at odin.mda.uth.tmc.edu (Roxanne Hall) writes:

>   Can anyone refer me to a protein database or a database search utility
>   which can select a protein based on the Molecular Weight and one other
>   physical characteristic (i.e. the Isoelectric Point).

You can do this at the WWW Expasy Molecular Biology Server maintained by
Amos Bairoch et al. in Geneva:

http://expasy.hcuge.ch/www/expasy-top.html

Go to "Tools" and then to "GuessProt"

or directly go to:
http://expasy.hcuge.ch/www/guess-prot.html

Hope this helps,

Laurent Duret

Laurent Duret			    duret at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Tel: 	+33 72.44.81.42		    Fax:	+33 78.89.27.19
Laboratoire de Biometrie, Genetique et Biologie des Populations
Bat 741 - URA CNRS 243 Universite Claude Bernard - Lyon I
43, Bd du 11 Novembre 1918
69622 Villeurbanne cedex FRANCE