RECOMB 97: Call for Posters; Call for Future Sites Proposals

Sorin C. Istrail scistra at cs.sandia.gov
Thu Sep 12 18:16:19 EST 1996

     RECOMB 97 NEWS
     **************

  1. RECOMB 97: One Extra Day added to the meeting
                (January 20-23, 1997)

  2. Call for Posters: New Feature of RECOMB 97

  3. Call for Conference Sites for RECOMB 98 and RECOMB 99
                               and RECOMB 00

               FIRST ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON

                    COMPUTATIONAL MOLECULAR BIOLOGY

                           (RECOMB 97)

                       January 20-23, 1997
                          Eldorado Hotel
                       Santa Fe, New Mexico

                          Sponsored by

                           ACM SIGACT

                        with support from

                         SLOAN Foundation
                      US Department of Energy

                        recomb97 at hto.usc.edu
                 http://www.cs.sandia.gov/recomb97

  1. Due to the high quality and quantity of the papers submitted to
     the conference and a number of invited lectures as well as
     a variety of other events scheduled for the conference we have
     decided to add a fourth day to the conference.
     The new dates are January 20-23, 1997.

  2. By popular demand we are adding a new feature to the conference.

         Call for RECOMB 97 Posters
         **************************

    Please send a one-page abstract of your Poster including title,
    author(s), affiliation and abstract-text *preferably* via email to

                        recomb97 at hto.usc.edu

    or hard copy to:

                        Professor Michael Waterman
                        RECOMB 97 Program Chair
                        University of Southern California
                        Department of Mathematics, DRB 155
                        Los Angeles, CA 90089-1113

    Deadline for poster abstract submission: October  25, 1996
    Notification of acceptance/rejection:    November 15, 1996

  3. The RECOMB Conference needs Sites for 1998, 1999, and 2000.
     As reserving hotels in some locations requires arrangements
     made one or two years in advance, we are soliciting proposals
     now for the next sites.

     Please send us email with proposals for locations for the
     next RECOMB both in US as well as outside US. At the RECOMB 97
     business meeting we will discuss these matters in detail.

  We hope to see you all at RECOMB 97 in Santa Fe.

       Mike Waterman
       Pavel Pevzner
       Sorin Istrail

       The RECOMB Executive Committee