longest human sequences

Jonathan Epstein Jonathan_Epstein at nih.gov
Tue Jun 8 16:43:27 EST 1999

Hi, Bill,

You can try something like:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/htbin-post/Entrez/query?db=n&form=6&term=520000:999999[SLEN]&dopt=u

This shows 11 sequences with length between 520000 and 999999.  Change
to dopt=f to get them in FASTA format

To get a better handle on the lengths of sequences available, you can go
to the main Entrez nucleotide page:
  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Entrez/nucleotide.html
and select Search Field:Sequence Length and Mode:List Terms, and enter a
sequence length of around 520000.  Then scroll through the available
lengths and play with the ones you like.

HTH ... regards,

- Jonathan