Begin of EMBL release 60

Nicole Redaschi redaschi at
Fri Sep 3 12:43:09 EST 1999

We will begin the process of building release 60 of the EMBL Nucleotide
Sequence Database today, Friday September 3rd.

Daily updates:
 For those who work with daily updates from the EBI ftp server, the last
 update file for release 59 should be available today and named:
 The next update file will contain post-release 60 data and be named: as usual

Cumulative update file:
 The cumulative update file in (.gz from tomorrow)
 will continue to grow with new data until release 60 is built and is
 publicly available - we expect that to be around September 17th.

Nicole Redaschi

 Nicole Redaschi                       Email: redaschi at
 EMBL Outstation - Hinxton             Tel:   +44 (0)1223 494640
 European Bioinformatics Institute     Fax:   +44 (0)1223 494468
 Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
 Hinxton, Cambs. CB10 1SD, UK          URL: