CORRECTION OF NUCLEOTIDE SEQUENCE ERRORS

francis at cmmt.ubc.ca francis at cmmt.ubc.ca
Sat Apr 22 06:45:16 EST 2000

> I would like to know the exact procedure to notify a sequence error
> detected in tha alpha 2A adrenergic receptor gene.
> Thank you.

send a message to EMBL, DDBJ *or* NCBI (just one, not three :)

  update at ebi.ac.uk

ddbjupdt at ddbj.nig.ac.jp

  update at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

with information about what you want to update.

You can send these to any of the three collaborating Nuceotide database
(but in your case EBI is closer and may help to be in a similar time
zone, although very rarely do telephone calls have to be done).

I'm assuming you want to correct your own record -- if it is the record
of somebody else, they (the database) may want to check with the author
first.

cheers,

f.

--
| B.F. Francis Ouellette                      Tel: (604) 875-3815 |
| Director, Bioinformatics Core Facility      Fax: (425) 740-6978 |