Question about UniProt/TrEMBL

Guy Bottu gbottu at jack.vub.ac.be
Tue Jul 27 06:44:05 EST 2004

	Dear colleagues,

I have been reading the documentation at the Expasy and EMBL-EBI sites,
and there is something not clear to be. In the past you had :
SwissProt : manually annotated sequences
SP-TrEMBL : EMBL ORF translations to be incorporated into SwissProt
REM-TrEMBL : EMBL ORF translations not to be incorporated into Swissprot
Now there is UniProt/SwissProt and UniProt/TrEMBL. REM-TrEMBL is not
distributed anymore since October 2003.

Now my question is : what do they do with immunological sequences,
synthetic sequences, fragments, etc. ?
- just drop and not put in the databank (so that UniProt/TrEMBL is
  equivalent with SP-TrEMBL)
- put in TrEMBL without making a distinction (so that UniProt/TrEMBL is
  equivalent to the complete TrEMBL execept for the old part in the
  historic last release of REM-TrEMBL)

Does someone know ?

	Regards,
	Guy Bottu,