EMBL Release 81 started

siamak sobhany sobhany at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Nov 26 08:29:51 EST 2004

We have begun the process of building release 81 of the EMBL Nucleotide
Sequence Database on Friday, November 26th 2004

Daily updates:
  For those who work with daily updates from the EBI ftp server (or mirror
  sites) the last update file for release 80 will be named:
  The subsequent update file will contain post-release 81 data and be named:
  ftp.ebi.ac.uk:pub/databases/embl/new/r81u001.dat.gz as usual

Cumulative update file:
  The cumulative update file in
  ftp.ebi.ac.uk:pub/databases/embl/new/cumulative.dat.gz (and cum_* files)
  will continue to grow with new data until release 81 is built and is
  publicly available - we expect that to be around December 10th.

Siamak Sobhany, Weimin Zhu
EMBL Nucleotide Sequence Database