EMBL release 80 start building

Weimin Zhu weimin at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Sep 6 05:27:02 EST 2004

Dear Colleagues,

We have begun the process of building release 80 of the EMBL Nucleotide
Sequence Database on Tuesday August 24th 2004

Daily updates:
 For those who work with daily updates from the EBI ftp server (or
 sites) the last update file for release 79 will be named:
 The subsequent update file will contain post-release 80 data and be
 ftp.ebi.ac.uk:pub/databases/embl/new/r80u001.dat.gz as usual

Cumulative update file:
 The cumulative update file in
 ftp.ebi.ac.uk:pub/databases/embl/new/cumulative.dat.gz (and cum_*
 will continue to grow with new data until release 80 is built and is
 publicly available - we expect that to be around September 6th.

Weimin Zhu
EMBL Nucleotide Sequence Database