[Embl-databank] EMBL Release 97 building process has started

Mikyung Jang via embl-db%40net.bio.net (by mjang from ebi.ac.uk)
Fri Nov 28 07:18:59 EST 2008

We have begun the process of building release 97 of the EMBL Nucleotide
Sequence Database on Friday 28th Nov 2008
Daily updates:
For those who work with daily updates from the EBI ftp server (or mirror
sites) the last update file for release 97 is placed:
ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/embl/new/r97u073.dat.gz
The subsequent update file will contain post-release 97 data and be
named:
ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/embl/new/r98u001.dat.gz

The cumulative update file in
ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/embl/new/cumulative.dat.gz (and cum_*
files)
will continue to grow with new data until release 97 is built and is
publicly available - we expect that to be around 10th Dec 2008.

See
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/embl/Documentation/changesdetails.html for more
details.

Thank you,