[Embl-databank] EMBL Release 105 building process has started

M. Jang via embl-db%40net.bio.net (by mjang from ebi.ac.uk)
Tue Aug 31 05:36:52 EST 2010

We have begun the process of building release EMBL Release 105 building
process has started of the EMBL Nucleotide Sequence Database on Tuesday
31st Aug 2010.

Daily updates:
For those who work with daily updates from the EBI ftp server (or mirror
sites) the last update file for release 105 is placed:
The subsequent update file will contain post-release 105 data and be named:
ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk:pub/databases/embl/new/r106u001.dat.gz as usual.

Cumulative update:
The cumulative update file in
ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk:pub/databases/embl/new/cumulative.dat.gz (and cum_*
will continue to grow with new data until release 105 is built and is
publicly available - we expect that to be around 17th September 2010.
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/embl/Documentation/changesdetails.html for more

Mikyung Jang
European Nucleotide Archive team