SYG motif in other proteins

Edward Zartler zartler at a.chem.upenn.edu
Thu Jun 1 07:39:06 EST 1995

	Helloooooooooo.

	My question is simple, we came upon this protein in looking at other
stuff, and we had an idea can any body help me.

	The chromphore is formed by the SYG at 64-66 (?).  How often does this
sequence occur in other proteins???  Is the presence of this sequence enough
to generate the chromphore and if it isn't how much of the surrounding protein
do you need.

	I say all, Ponzy (my boss) says find out...

	Any help is appreciated.

	Teddy

Teddy                   Zartler at a.chem.upenn.edu

        Brought to You by Ellipsis, Inc.
		"If Your sentence trails off... We'll Finish It."