I don't think GFP is toxic

Masaru Okabe okabe at biken.osaka-u.ac.jp
Wed Nov 29 20:09:09 EST 1995

As far as we experienced GFP was not toxic to mouse (Develop. Growth
Differ. 37, 455-459 (1995), FEBS letters 375 125-128 (1995).
In our TG mice, characteristic green fluorescence of GFP was visible to the
naked eye under the hand-held long-wave UV lamp in the muscle and pacreas.
GFP was expressed in various organs in weaker level.  However, we see no
abnormality in these transgenic mouse lines.

Masaru Okabe, Ph.D
Research Institute for Microbial Diseases
Osaka University
Yamadaoka 3-1, Suita, Osaka
Fax +81-6-879-8339
okabe at biken.osaka-u.ac.jp

This comment is a response to the following comment;