shortened GFP

Cornelius Krasel krasel at
Fri Jan 26 04:04:35 EST 1996

Stefan Wieland (swieland at wrote:
> We are looking for the shortest,but still functional GFP protein.
> Does someone know, whether one can truncate GFP without loosing activity?

Not much. Check out

        author  = {Andrew B. Cubitt and Roger Heim and Stephen R. Adams
                   and Aileen E. Boyd and Larry A. Gross and Roger Y. Tsien},
        title   = {Understanding, improving and using green fluorescent
        journal = TIBS,
        volume  = 20,
        pages   = {448--455},
        year    = 1995

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004 at  SP3 */