endogenous green fluoresence in plants (non-gfp)

Adrian Elliott a.elliott at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Fri Nov 15 06:48:26 EST 1996

There's been a few articles lately documenting the green /
yellow endogenous fluorescence seen in plants when looking for gfp
expression.  Yet, I haven't seen any replies.

I believe this occurs using FITC / FACS filter sets.  The fluorescence
comes mainly from the cell wall and is sometimes absent or patchy.
Fluorescence from chloroplasts appears red and is sharply defined, unlike
endogenous green and yellow fluorescence.