S65TGFP expression in plant cell

lsbrc07 lsbrc07 at ZSULINK.ZSU.EDU.CN
Mon Apr 7 07:20:54 EST 1997

We constructed an expression vector in which the coding sequence for
S65TGFP was placed under the control of the rice actin1 (Act1) promoter.
It was transformed into rice callus cells by particle bombardment and
many bright green fluorescent dots could be seen after 6-8 hours. A few
bright dots even could be seen 10 days after transformation.(The result
was published in "Biotechnology Techniques" Vol.11, No.2, p.0133,1997)

Furthermore, we obtained the R0 plants and seeds that regenerated from
the transformed callus. By southern blot, it is proved that they all
carry the S65TGFP gene in their chromosome. But we can not detect the
fluorescence in the transgenic R0 planta and the shoots germinated from
R1 seeds. It seemed that the two results contradict each other. Although
someone had observed the splicing of a cryptic intron in GFP mRNA which
abolished GFP expression in transgenic Arabidopsis plants, we consider
that it is not enough to explain this contradiction.

I wish your good advice.

Your sincerely
Huang Yue