S65TGFP expression in plant cell

lsbrc07 at ZSULINK.ZSU.EDU.CN lsbrc07 at ZSULINK.ZSU.EDU.CN
Mon Apr 7 05:12:13 EST 1997

We constructed an expression vector in which the coding sequence for S65TGFP
was placed under the control of the rice actin1 (Act1) promoter. It was
transformed into rice callus cells by particle bombardment and many bright
green fluorescent dots could be seen after 6-8 hours. A few bright dots even
could be seen 10 days after transformation.(The result was published in
"Biotechnology Techniques" Vol.11, No.2, p.0133,1997)

Furthermore, we obtained the R0 plants and seeds that regenerated from the
transformed callus. By southern blot, it is proved that they all carry the
S65TGFP gene in their chromosome. But we can not detect the fluorescence in
the transgenic R0 planta and the shoots germinated from R1 seeds. It seemed
that the two results contradict each other. Although someone had observed
the splicing of a cryptic intron in GFP mRNA which abolished GFP expression
in transgenic Arabidopsis plants, we consider that it is not enough to
explain this contradiction.

I wish your good advice.