Unwanted messages

Andrew Wallace a.wallace at qub.ac.uk.see.signature
Tue Jul 1 05:42:59 EST 1997

John J. Lemasters wrote:

> I suggest we give the list server a new name so we can get rid
> of the jerk (asshole, cretin, etc.) who keeps advertising'
> his pornography, at least for a while.
>
> John J. Lemasters
> Department of Cell Biology & Anatomy
> CB# 7090, 236 Taylor Hall
> Chapel Hill, NC 27799-7090 USA
> Tel: 919-966-5507
> FAX: 919-966-1856
> E-mail: LEMASTER at MED.UNC.EDU

See the message from the BioSci staff on the bionet.general newsgroup
about moderation. BioSci have just moved their computers about 50 miles
across the Bay area of San Francisco to Stanford without hardly missing
a beat. I bet that most of you didn't even notice, the mail and
newsgroups just kept working as usual. There are a lot of newsgroups
going into moderation right now as a result of the spam flood, so I
imagine the support staff are run off their feet. Please be patient and
give them a chance.

Andrew

--
- note antispam feature in return address. My real address is: