Digital Cameras

Greg Roman roman at
Thu Jun 19 08:30:15 EST 1997

About two years ago we purchased a Kodak DCS 420 with IP labs software for
about $ 10K (No Affliations with Cited Manufactors).  This Camera has a
Nikon N-90 body and easily mounts our Axiophot. We have a semi-dedicated
PowerPC to handle the images with Photoshop (128 Meg RAM; Radius monitor
and 24 bit vid card etc...).  The images can be beautiful, and printed on
dye-subs without loss of resolution. Definitely publication quality.  I
will be happy to answer any additional questions.

Gregg Roman

roman at

In article <5o63q8$ii6$2 at>,
chalfie at (Martin Chalfie) wrote:

> I'm finally tired of waiting for pictures to be developed and am thinking of
> getting a digital camera for our Axiophot.  What experiences have people had
> with these cameras and which cameras are the best to get?  I'd appreciate
> approximates prices, if you know them.  Thanks.
> Marty Chalfie
> mc21 at

Gregg Roman
Department of Cell Biology