bacterial GFP (fwd)

Dr. David Culley PhD AMSD dculley at
Mon Nov 10 09:43:20 EST 1997

Forwarded by dculley at from phytopath group:

From: Stan Gelvin <gelvin at>
Subject: Enhanced fluorescence GFP gene for bacteria

Dear Colleagues,
I am looking for a plasmid that contains an enhanced green
fluorescent protein (GFP) gene that is driven by a constitutive bacterial
(Gram negative) promoter.  I would like to use this plasmid in
Agrobacterium to "track" the bacteria in a plant.  There are only a small
amount of data in the literature regarding the systemic spread of
Agrobacterium in plants, and most of that work was done with stem cuttings
and not with whole "galled" plants.
        I would prefer to have this promoter/gene cassette on a broad host
range (incP or incW) plasmid.  However, if someone has it on a colE1 (eg
pUC or pBluescript) replicon, I'll just subclone it into a broad host range

        Thanks for your help.

        Stan Gelvin

Dr. Stanton B. Gelvin
Department of Biological Sciences