GFP and proteolysis

Peter Corish pcor at bioch.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 2 04:13:00 EST 1997

Stephan,

  We have successfully destabilised GFP  (using hS65T variant)
with both a PEST sequence tagged onto the carboxy end and also a cyclin
Destruction box sequence  on the amino end (plus a double combination).
The results with the PEST sequence we used (a mouse ornithine
decarboxylase sequence) were not as dramatic as the same sequence on DHFR
but significantly affected GFP half-life without altering overall
fluorescence levels. We're hoping to get a paper out shortly, but contact
us directly in the meantime if you want any more info/clones.
  Pete
Peter Corish
CRC Chromosome Molecular Biology Group
Department of Biochemistry