Change in moderation status of FUORESCENT-PROTEINS/bionet.mo

Wolfgang Schechinger wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Oct 6 08:08:47 EST 1997

Hi all,

Could we agree to accept commercials (I don't talk about scientific
contributions from people not at non-profit sites) under two
conditions?

1) e.g. as answers to problems currently under discussion

2) clearly marked as advertisment (maybe in the subject) so that
those who do not want to receive advertisements automatically may
ignore or trash them.

Maybe companies (thinking of those who profit from
this newsgroup) will recognize that funding the newsgroup
(administration staff, hardware, software) is also a good indirect
way of rising profit?

BTW the major percentage of spams (at least in
my mailbox) doesn't come through the newsgroups (that I do subscribe
to by email) but by business scanning the groups for email addresses
and bombing *directly* one's box. Probably the only way to get rid of
this would be manipulated email addresses.

-----
usual disclaimers apply
-----
Wolfgang Schechinger
University of Tuebingen
email: wgschech at med.uni-tuebingen.de
http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/~wgschech/research.htm
-------
!Junk mail is *not* appreciated!
SPAMs will be answered automatically by sending my 128MByte virtual memory file.
This is *NO* joke.