DNA stain for living plant cells

Geert Olyslaegers olysla at ruca.ua.ac.be
Thu Oct 16 06:00:59 EST 1997

Dear Kwee Hong Sien,

There are several methods to stain DNA in living cells. We currently use
SITO-16 which is delivered by Molecular Probes. Pyridium Iodide and
Acridine Orange are also available but it seems they stain both DNA and
RNA.

Greeting,

Geert.

  Geert Olyslaegers                           E-mail: olysla at ruca.ua.ac.be
  Section Plantphysiology and Morphology             Voice:+32-3-820-22-58
  Department of Biology - University of Antwerp (UIA)  Fax:+32-3-820-22-71
  Universiteitsplein 1  - 2610 Wilrijk (Antwerp) - Belgium