pIRES-EGFP

Fischer-Lougheed Jacqueline lougheed at SC2A.UNIGE.CH
Wed Jan 7 13:33:33 EST 1998

Hello!
I'm working with bicistronic GFP-vectors and have noticed that DH5alpha
transformed with a vector containing an IRES (EMCV) grow terribly slow,
and much worse when there's a 1.5-3kb insert upstream.
Is anyone else suffering from this time-consuming problem?
Can anyone recommend a particular strain or some sort of complemented
medium to favour growth of these bacteria?
My vector is home-made with a pcDNA3 backbone (Invitrogen).
I would be glad to hear from someone that has experience with the
pIRES-EGFP vector from Clontech.
Many thanks in advance for all helpful replies!
and Happy New Year to all!

J. Fischer-Lougheed