fixing cells

Chris Lau clau at ITSA.UCSF.EDU
Wed Mar 11 12:03:09 EST 1998

I know this question has been asked a thousand times, but here is it

What fixative procedure can preserve the EGFP fluorescence and in the
meantime suitable for immunohistochemistry with another antibody?  I don't
mind taking pictures of the EGFP fluorescence first before the
immunohistochemistry procedure.  I just need to show EGFP and
immunohistochemistry on the same cells (on culture dishes).

Thanks in advance.

Chris Lau

Chris Lau, Ph.D. 				Tel: 415 476-8839
Division of Cell and Developmental Genetics 	FAX: 415 502-1613
Department of Medicine, VAMC-111C5
University of California, San Francisco 	E-mail : clau at
4150 Clement Street
San Francisco, CA 94121