in situ hybridisation

Giovanna Bermano G.Bermano at
Tue Mar 17 07:59:06 EST 1998

Hi all,

Has anyone looked at GFP mRNA localization in transfected mammelian cells by
in situ hybridisation? If so, has the mRNA a particular localization in the
I would like to use GFP as a reporter to study the role of 3'UTRs in mRNA
localization therefore I would like to know if GFP mRNA has a particular
localization in the cell.
Thank you in advice for any idea or hint

Dr. Giovanna Bermano                 Tel. 01224 712751 ext. 3255
Rowett Research Institute            Fax. 01224 716622
Greenburn Road                       E-mail. gb at
Bucksburn, Aberdeen (UK)
AB21 9SB