Uses of Blue and Green Fluorescent proteins

Trent Watkins trent at KOSH5.BERKELEY.EDU
Fri Oct 2 21:27:35 EST 1998

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998 roscoe01 at globalnet.co.uk wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can get more information on this topic?

I recently started examining the same question.  I'll suggest to you the
best of what I've found so far.  Try this reference for a chart containing
many examples of applications of GFP mutants and their references:

Cubitt AB, et al.  Trends in Biochemical Sciences.  1995, 20(11): 448-55.

CLONTECH provides vectors containing GFP and BFP which have been optimized
for human codon usage (EGFP and EBFP) -- I'm sure they would have
lists of applications which have used their products.

Other very recent reviews might help you as well:

Tsien RY, Miyawaki A.  Science, 1998 Jun 19, 280(5371): 1954-5.
Tsien RY.  Annual Review of Biochemistry, 1998, 67:  509-44.

Any other suggestions or advice on where to get info on optimizing and
using GFP and BFP would be appreciated.