help for oocyte staining method

Jian Zhang jianzhan at
Tue Nov 23 17:12:06 EST 1999

Hi, every one,

I prepare to do the mitochondrial staining of oocytes, but my result is
not satisfied. At first I have problem on the medium making. The DiOC6 I
used is not dissolved in the Eagle's medium well and when I filtered it,
some pellets left on the filter. I want to know how to make 0.5 uM of
staining medium for mitochondrial of oocytes and what solvents will be
used. Also it will be great if the detail method can be provided,
including how to stain.  Thank you very much.

jian Zhang
Jian Zhang
jianzhan at
2351 Kildee Hall