HELP:about apoaequorin detection

Paul Kitts kitts at NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV
Thu Sep 23 16:12:21 EST 1999

Firefly luciferin will not work.
I think Molecular Probes sells coelenterate luciferin.

"  Paul Kitts, Ph.D.                                           "
"  National Center for Biotechnology Information               "
"  NIH/NLM                                                     "
"  Bldg. 38A, Rm. 8N803         Email: kitts at  "
"  8600 Rockville Pike          Phone: 301 435-6091            "
"  Bethesda, MD 20894, U.S.A.   Fax:   301 480-9241            "

To: fluorpro at
From: nsxia at (nsxia)
Subject: HELP:about apoaequorin detection
Date: 22 Sep 1999 20:21:38 -0700

Hi all,
We have cloned the apoaequorin gene from a kind of jellyfish and
expressed it in E.coli, now I want to detect its bioluminescent
activity, but I don't know if I can use firefly luciferin instead of
coelenterate luciferin, because I cannot find any commercial resources
for the coelenterate luciferin. Does anyone have some suggestion about
it? Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

The State Lab for Tumor Cell Engineering
Xiamen University