fluorescent gfp-fusion not detectable in western

karsten weylandt kweylandt at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 30 07:12:09 EST 1999

Hi,

I've got a problem finding my fusion protein on westerns with anti-GFP
antisera.
It's a membrane protein with GFP fused to it at the C-terminus.

I can see quite a lot of fluorescence on the membrane in stably transfected
3T3's.

However, in protein extracts from these cells I don't get any bands,
although I can easily detect cytoplasmic EGFP on these blots.

Has anybody had this problem? Does any of you know solutions for this?

Karsten.