storing GFP expressing cells

Wolfgang Schechinger Wolfgang.Schechinger at
Fri Feb 18 08:38:48 EST 2000

Hi all,

I think of storing some transfected cells (293 fibroblasts) expressin
GFP as a reporter for some days at -20 degC.
Spontaneously, I'd resuspend them in say 20% glycerol / PBS to
prevent the formation of ice crystals.
Later, I would dilute the solution and analyze the cells with a
Does this sound reasonable?
Any better suggestions are higly welcome!

This message is encrypted. Use your brain to decode it.
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger, Dept. of Pathobiochemistry
University of Tuebingen, Germany
email: wolfgang.schechinger at
usual disclaimers apply
Special note for novices: Pressing ALT+F4 simultaneously enables you to read private messages