PMSF

'Mike' Michael J. Moser moser at u.washington.edu
Sat Jan 29 17:06:58 EST 2000

Margaret

I use Protease inhibitor cocktail tablets from Roche.  They seem to work
well.  Unfortunately they are very expensive.  They inhibit a wider
spectrum of proteases than PMSF though.  There are also more stable
analogs of PMSF available.  Again they cost more than PMSF does.

MJM

Mike Moser, Ph.D.                                    Tel: 206-543-6585
UW Department of Pathology                           FAX: 206-543-3967
Box 357705                                      moser at u.washington.edu
Seattle, WA  98195                 http://faculty.washington.edu/moser

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, simm wrote:

> Dear Protein experts,
>
> I am currently running experiments requiring the use of PMSF. I have to
> prepare fresh
> solutions each time which as you may know takes up time and wastes a lot of
> the
> reagent. Is there a way to prepare a solution which is stable in storage?
> are there other similar protease inhibitors? I am specifically interested in
> stability of PMSF in methanol,  acetone and isopropanol over time. I have
> heard some colleagues store such solutions for up to a month, but I need
> confirmation from the scientific body.
>
> Kindly, please respond to my email address:
> simm at worldnet.att.net
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dr. Margaret Simm, PhD

---