GFP in Motion II : Call for Contributions

Beat Ludin bludin at lis.ch
Sun Jul 23 23:40:28 EST 2000

Please forward this message to potentially interested colleagues.

Dear friends

Since the release of "GFP in Motion"  (a free CD-ROM produced by
Trends in Cell Biology and featuring more than 150 time-lapse movies
of dynamic biological processes) in December 1998, we have received a
lot of positive and enthusiastic feedback. So first of all, we would
like to thank again all of the contributors who have made this
success possible.

In the last two years, the field of fluorescent proteins and their
applications have advanced and expanded greatly and thus we have
decided to produce a follow-up. We are happy to announce "GFP in
Motion II" (working title GiM2). Like it's predecessor, GiM2 will be
dedicated to applications of fluorescent proteins in the
visualization of dynamic biological processes. The CD-ROM will
feature examples from all areas of biological research and will be
distributed as a freebie.

This is an opportunity for you to make your movies and time-lapse
sequences available to a broad audience. If you would like to have
your contribution considered for inclusion, please send a message
with a brief description of the materials you want to provide to
GFPinMotion at lis.ch as soon as possible. You are also encouraged to
submit your completed contribution immediately for consideration -
see below for instructions - however, we can not guarantee its
inclusion on the CD-ROM at this point.

The deadline for the submission of completed contributions is JULY 31,
2000!!!

Author Instructions: Please provide 1-5 image sequences, each with a
short self-explanatory legend, and a background text section
including an introduction and a materials & methods section. Detailed
instructions as well as a "standard" example can be found at
ftp://ftp.eslo.co.uk/gimII/instructions/instructions.html You can direct
your web browser at this site by entering this address into 'URL'
address window - you should be taken directly to the instructions.

Copyright: Contributors retain the copyright for the data provided
and are allowed to use it for peer-reviewed research reports without
requesting consent from the publisher of "GFP in Motion".

With best regards,
Beat Ludin

LIFE IMAGING SERVICES
               - visit our web site at http://www.lis.ch
| Dr. B. Ludin
| Life Imaging Services     fon ++41 (0)79 235 7154
| Muehletalweg 22           fax ++41 (0)860 622 963 160
| CH-4600 Olten             beat.ludin at lis.ch
| Switzerland               http://www.lis.ch

---