Fusion protein linkers.

'Mike' Michael J. Moser moser at u.washington.edu
Fri Jul 28 11:52:24 EST 2000

Fabio

I used 10 amino-acids alternating Gly-Ala and it worked fairly well.
SAeveral essential yeast genes can be replaced with GFP fusions to the
N-terminii.  Some fusions fail to complement perfectly as the yeast
appeared sick, but the cells were still viable.  I think the fusions were
not expressed at wild-type levels of protein within the cell.

Happy GFPing!

Mike Moser, Ph.D.
Department of Pathology, University of Washington
Health Sciences Building, 1959 N.E. Pacific, Room K-065
Box 357705, Seattle, WA  98195-7705
Tel: 206.543.6585
FAX: 206.543.3967
moser at u.washington.edu
http://faculty.washington.edu/moser

On 28 Jul 2000, Fabio Formiggini wrote:

> Hi
> I would like to know:
> 1) how much long the LINKER between GFP and a fused protein should be ?
> 2) what about  amino acid composition of the linker ?
> 3) is there  any rule ?
>
> I would be grateful for any tips.
> Bye,
> Fabio