plant vectors for fusing FP to my proteins` C-terminus?

Fatima Cvrèková fatima at natur.cuni.cz
Thu Mar 23 03:05:25 EST 2000

Dear Colleagues,

I am looking for a vector for testing the function of a putative
membrane localization domain in plant cells (transient tissue culture
expression assay). Optimally, it should be a plant-optimized FP with a
suitable cloning site at its N-terminus under some "nonspecific" plant
promoter such as 35S. The problem is that the only vector of this type I
have has NcoI at the ATG as the only cloning site, and the sequence I
would like to clone contains an internal NcoI site. Since I would like
to avoid site-specific mutagenesis unless absolutely necessary, I would
be happy to know about any such vector with more or different cloning
sites (and even happier for a bit of DNA :-).

Best regards,
--
Fatima Cvrckova (fatima at natur.cuni.cz)
Dept. Plant Physiology, Faculty of Sciences, Charles University

---