expression of eGFPcre fusion protein in neuron

mgl-person elee at ncifcrf.gov
Mon May 8 15:22:39 EST 2000

I made transgenic mice carrying neuron-specific promoter-driven eGFPcre
fusion protein.  Cre functions very well. I detected in most of adult
neurons. However, I couldn't detect eGFP signal although I checked this
contruct in in vitro culture cells and it showed very strong eGFP
signal.  I used 4% cold paraformaldehyde to do perfusion and the other
3-hr fixation in the same fixative.  I think eGFP won't lose in this
way. I wonder if anybody has  an experience in expressing eGFP in adult
neurons of transgenic mice. Please give some suggestion.

---