Fwd: Mercury arc vapor lamp exploding?

Jerry gordon at med.unc.edu
Thu Nov 30 13:55:53 EST 2000

Hello,
	I use Hg arc lamps until they start to flicker which varies up to 500
hours. I have not had any lamps explode if they were Osram or the
Japanese company (Uchio? or something). I had some explosions with
poorly designed lamp housings and cheap bulbs many years ago.
	HTH,
Jerry
sorry for no email address I get a spate of spam each time I post it.