marker database

Rob Sargent rob at fosters.med.utah.edu
Wed Aug 11 10:24:23 EST 1993

In article <CB8sr5.I7D at news.cis.umn.edu> laken at gene.med.umn.edu (Steven Laken (DGM)) writes:

   I am interested in a database that may be accessed for the new linkage
   analysis markers which are being produced.  Are there disks or files which
   may be downloaded?

   Also, are there databases that can be directly accessed and searched.  For
   example a database that we can look at for new markers or find all
   of the different markers available on specific chromosomes.

The STS markers generated here (Utah Genome Centre) are available via
anonymous ftp or through a gopher hole on corona.med.utah.edu
(128.110.231.1). We also try to get our markers out to such datasets as
GenBank and GDB. (It can be difficult to keep everything current howerver.)

rjs

--
Rob Sargent                      s-mail: Dept. of Human Genetics
e-mail: rob at fosters.med.utah.edu         U. of Utah Medical School