program interval mapping segr. pop.

Toby Bradshaw toby at stein2.u.washington.edu
Thu Aug 26 09:37:49 EST 1993

In article <Sijne.vanderBeek.1.746369747 at Alg.VF.WAU.NL> Sijne.vanderBeek at Alg.VF.WAU.NL (Sijne van der Beek) writes:
>I have a question about programs for interval mapping. Lander et al.
>have MAPMAKER/QTL programs available. But their use is limited to
>experimental populations. I want to map QTL in a outbred segregating
>population using interval mapping. Are there somewhere programs
>available (via anonymous FTP,eg.) which can do this job??

Tom Mitchell-Olds at U. Montana is owrking on such software for mapping
QTLs in forest trees.  Try him at tmo at selway.umt.edu.

Toby Bradshaw                       |
Department of Biochemistry          |  Will make genetic linkage maps
and College of Forest Resources     |            for food.
University of Washington, Seattle   |
toby at u.washington.edu               |