Theta max

roger at kean.ucs.mun.ca roger at kean.ucs.mun.ca
Wed Nov 24 09:13:22 EST 1993

>>	how do I get a theta max between two loci? I know its
>>	there somewhere, but I can't find it...
>>Mike
>
> unless i am missing something, i assmue you mean theta-'hat', where we have
> the max lod score.  i.e. Zmax = 10 at theta-hat = 0.15 etc. etc.  if
> this is wot you want, then it shoudl simply be to use ILINK with two
> loci.                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Iain Fenton, Genetics, Cardiff, UK.

	ILINK will certainly produce the desired result. However,
remembering my own initial experiences, there is nothing SIMPLE about using
any of the LINKAGE software if you haven't had much opportunity to become
familiar with it. In particular the use of the LCP program is not
intuitively obvious and it is not covered in the documentation that I have
seen.
	I understand that Jurg Ott et al. are writing a HOW-to-USE-LINKAGE
book. Can someone give us an idea of a publication date?

Roger C. Green,	Faculty of Medicine               Phone: (709)737-6884
Memorial University , St. John's, Newfoundland    FAX  : (709)737-7010