genetic engineering research project

Todd S Hansen tohanse at eis.calstate.edu
Sat Feb 26 16:13:16 EST 1994

I am doing a research report on genetic engineering.  It will mainly
focus on the ethical stand point.  I am now collecting opinions.  I have
a list of questions, but feel free to add to it.  The questions are at
the end. the research part of the report is due on march 4, 1994.
Although I will still gladly accept responses up to a week after, I would
prefer to have the responses before the due date.  Thanks a lot.  Also If
you would like to really help me, e-mail me and leave me a number I can
get in touch with you and I will call you with more questions.

By the way the report is for troy high school sophomores honors english.

                                From: Todd Hansen, KD6YPS
                       e-mail address - tohanse at eis.calstate.edu

                 or send via us mail to (commas represent a new line)
             Todd Hansen, 18082 Lantana Dr., Yorba Linda  CA, 92686  USA

Here are the questions.  They are all optional, the main thing I am
looking for is YOUR opinuon.  You don't even need an identification.  If
it is not included in the text then I will keep it anonymous. Thanks

1.  What is your name, occupation, or area of expertise?

2.  What do you think of the idea of genetically planning your children?
Pets?  Your farm animals?  Hunting animals? The meat we eat?

3.  Do you think that genetic engineering is going to get out of hand?
(like jurassic park)

4.  Should genetic engineering be controlled by congress and to what extent?

5.  What do you think will happen to the food chain if we start fooling
with it?  Do you think genetic engineering would affect our life style
and make us evolve more and under what circumstances?

6.  Do you think that changing the traits of one animal will affect the
whole food chain?
Why?

7.  What is your standpoint on genetic engineering?

Thanks in advance.