Running FASTLINK on VMS

sheldonp at CPU1.OMRF.UOKHSC.EDU sheldonp at CPU1.OMRF.UOKHSC.EDU
Mon Jul 11 14:25:18 EST 1994

I have gotten quite a few responses to my question about running a linkage
analysis with a large number of alleles (more than 14).  The most
useful of these was to switch to using the FASTLINK package.  The only
drawback to doing this is that the FASTLINK package was written for use on
a UNIX machine, and all that we have available to us is a VMS machine.

Reworking these programs for a VMS machine is not a particularly difficult
task, but it is time consuming.  Therefore, is there anyone who has already
done this who could warn me of some roadblocks which might make this
process easier?

Peter Sheldon
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation

Peter-Sheldon at OMRF.UOKHSC.edu