fingerprint DNA

Dieter Deforce ddeforce at
Thu Nov 17 11:45:18 EST 1994

Can anybody tell me which is the best procedure to extract DNA from
bloodstains in case of forensic analysis?
Does anybody have data on the conservation of bloodstains and the degradation
of DNA since we have had problems with DNA from bloodstains found on
the scene of the crime. Is it possible that DNAse from the skin destroys the
We are now using Chelex100 resins for the extraction. We have no problems with
fresh blood or bloodstains but some older bloodstains are problematic.
Does this come from our extraction or is it possible the DNA is too degraded?

Drs. Apr. Dieter Deforce
E-mail : Dieter.Deforce at
Labo Farmaceutical Biotechnology
Harelbekestraat 72