WARNING about Cryillic!

Dean Flanders dean at lenti.med.umn.edu
Wed Oct 12 02:18:54 EST 1994

It looks as if I was able to resolve the problem I was having with
Cyrillic.  The problem was that I was joining pedigrees in a kind of
unusual way.  Cyrillic was allowing me to make connections between
individuals that already existed on the pedigree.  Do not do this,
the output files will be all wrong. Instead Cyrillic should only be
letting people start from one individual and making relations
starting at that individual and new relations from each succeeding
person.

In addition when generating the output to mlink if you select the option
to use your assigned ID numbers, it appears that it assigns the numbers
wrong sometimes.  However, if you let Cyrillic assign the numbers it does
it correctly.

The implications of these problems are very serious.  So data should be
scrutinized when it is exported from Cyrillic.

Good luck,

Dean

Division of Genetics and Metabolism   I
University of Minnesota               I
Box 485 UMHC                          I    "If all you have is a hammer,
Harvard Street at East River Road     I     you tend to look at every
Minneapolis, MN  55455                I     problem as a nail."
Voice (612) 625-5628                  I                      -Maslow
Fax (612) 624-6645                    I
Email dean at gene.med.umn.edu           I