SCIENCE Sept. 30 GENOME issue: GDB/OMIM vs CHLC

Brian Foley brianf at med.uvm.edu
Fri Oct 14 15:03:28 EST 1994

	Where can I get information on the uses of CHLC versus
GDB/OMIM for human gene mapping data?
	To me it looks like CHLC is useful for trying to track down
unknown genes, and for forensic analysis.  GDB/OMIM is useful for
finding the map position of known genes and getting clones which
contain those genes.  Is this true?
	Are the two databases/maps cross-referenced?